XSIforum.com

me quede sin SPM

Re: me quede sin SPM
« Respuesta #20 en: 28 Diciembre 2005, 07:47:45 »
Bueno, acabo de ver este post en xsibase.com y creo que puede ser de interés para el próximo al que le ocurra lo mismo:
Sorry for bumping this up but I had the same problem us the above members and I've found a solution.
I'm only posting this so if anybody else has the same problem the he can find the way to solve it.
My troubles begun when I installed MSN 7.5. XSI would start ,lictools would pop up for half a second and then dissapear.
After some research on the web I've found out that when you run MSN messenger 7.5 Connection troubleshooter and press the Repair button it perfoms some changes in the registry. The data type of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Services > tcpip > Parameters > DataBasePath is changed from REG_EXPAND_SZ to REG_SZ.

Now ways to fix it:
1)  Change the value of that entry from %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc to
                                                                            C:Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
or
2) Deleting that registry entry and recreating it with the correct data type which is                                                                                                                REG_EXPAND_SZ.

I chose the second solution and it works like a charm now.

Hope this helps somenone.
http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=15;action=display;threadid=14353;start=25
« Última modificación: 28 Diciembre 2005, 07:56:33 por visent »